The Complete Guide to Google Ad Grant Agencies: 5 Options
The Google Ad Grant gives nonprofits access to Google Ads, allowing them to enhance their digital marketing plan. Nonprofits who receive this grant will receive $10,000 every month to spend on Google Ads, which appear at the top of Google’s search results pages.
However, there are parts of the Google Ad Grant that are complex and may require knowledge that your nonprofit staff lack. In that case, you may want to work with a professional in the field, such as a Google Ad Grant agency.
This article will give you the rundown on Google Ad Grant agencies and what your nonprofit should know about working with one. Here’s what we’ll cover:
- What is a Google Ad Grant Agency?
- How Can a Google Ad Grant Agency Help Your Nonprofit?
- What Are the Benefits of Working with a Google Ad Grant Agency?
- 7 Tips for Choosing a Google Ad Grant Agency
- 5 Top Google Ad Grant Agencies
- Working with a Google Ad Grant Agency: Next Steps
A Google Ad Grants agency can lend your nonprofit the experience and knowledge necessary to apply for and use the Google Ad Grant strategically. This allows your nonprofit to efficiently grow its online presence and reach a larger audience, resulting in more supporters, volunteers, and donors. These individuals help your nonprofit drive the impact that you desire, allowing you to work more efficiently towards your goals. So let’s dive into what a Google Ad Grant agency is!
What is a Google Ad Grant Agency?
A Google Ad Grant agency is a professional organization that can help your nonprofit optimize your Google Ad Grant strategy. While some of these agencies focus wholly on Google Ad Grants, other agencies offer Google Ad Grant services as one of many other digital marketing services.
These agencies are designed to take the pressure off your nonprofit’s staff to create and manage your Google Ad Grant account. With their professional touch, they’ll be able to launch campaigns that help you achieve your desired results.
How Can a Google Ad Grant Agency Help Your Nonprofit?
Much like other types of marketing consultants for nonprofits, Google Ad Grant agencies can help your nonprofit in multiple ways. Some common features that these agencies offer as part of their Google Ad Grant services include:
- Google Ad Grant application: Unlike other grant applications, the Google Ad Grant application requires more of a back-and-forth with Google. A professional agency will handle the account creation and application tasks for you.
- Account management: A Google Ad Grant agency will monitor your account, ensure that it complies with the Google Ad Grant’s complicated guidelines, and reactivate it if necessary.
- Keyword research: A successful Google Ad strategy relies on the thoughtful use of keywords. An agency will have the experience and tools necessary to choose keywords that will help you reach your desired audience.
- Landing page optimization: Your Google Ad will direct traffic to landing pages. To encourage further engagement with your nonprofit’s website, a Google Ad Grant agency will help optimize your landing pages.
- Create and optimize onsite content: Having an appealing landing page isn’t enough to engage potential supporters, you’ll also need helpful and interesting onsite content. Not only will Google Ad Grant agencies optimize already existing content, but some will also create new content for you.
- Campaign management: In order to make the most of your Google Ad Grant, you’ll want multiple ad campaigns running for different keywords. Tracking these campaigns can get complicated, which is why Google Ad Grant agencies will help you by managing your campaigns for you.
Essentially, Google Ad Grant agencies can take over all the work associated with your Google Ad Grant account. This can be immensely helpful for nonprofits that don’t have the capacity to maintain their account consistently, yet need the traffic the ads drive to help them recruit new supporters.
What Are the Benefits of Working with a Google Ad Grant Agency?
One of the major benefits of working with a Google Ad Grant agency is the comprehensive list of services they provide. However, there are other benefits that nonprofits can reap from a partnership, such as:
- Time saved: Nonprofit employees are often spread thin, so outsourcing the work of managing your Google Ad Grants will result in more time for your staff to allocate to other tasks and reduced stress.
- Professional experience: Even if your nonprofit’s staff members have the capacity to work on your Google Ad Grant account, the program can be a learning curve for those just getting started. A Google Ad Grant agency will have the professional knowledge and experience to efficiently and strategically handle all tasks that arise from your Google Ad Grant account.
- Consistent upkeep and maintenance: To keep up with Google search trends, your Google Ad Grant agency will consistently check on your account, evaluate how well your campaigns are performing, and make any necessary adjustments to your strategy. Your nonprofit will benefit from the regularity of these improvements.
- Clear reporting: Google Ad Grant agencies will be able to clearly demonstrate the impact of your Google Ads by generating easy-to-understand reports that you can use in meetings with your nonprofit leaders and board members.
If you have the budget for outsourcing the work associated with Google Ad Grants to an agency, these benefits will outweigh the costs simply through the visibility you will gain with professional help. However, part of a successful partnership is choosing the right Google Ad Grant agency to work with.
7 Tips for Choosing a Google Ad Grant Agency
Now that you know how a Google Ad Grant agency can help you with your nonprofit’s digital marketing strategy and what benefits such a partnership brings, let’s dive into what your nonprofit should consider when choosing a Google Ad Grant agency. While researching your different options, take into account the following:
- What you want: Ask yourself, what do you want out of a partnership with a Google Ad Grant agency? Reflect on what conversions are most important to you—if you’re looking to recruit donors and make donation requests of interested individuals, your strategy will look different than if you’re just trying to raise awareness of your cause.
- Price: Different Google Ad Grant agencies will have different prices and service packages available. You’ll want to select an agency that fits your needs and your budget.
- Approach to Google Ad Grants: Since some digital marketing agencies provide Google Ad Grants services as well as other offerings, you’ll want to consider whether you’d be happy with these types of agencies or if you’d prefer to work with an agency that deals specifically with Google Ad Grants.
- Certified by Google: While not completely necessary, a Google certification means that Google has vetted the agency’s work and recognized that they have in-depth knowledge of Google Ad Grants.
- Reviews: Read reviews of the Google Ad Grant agency and see what other nonprofits have to say about their services. Pay particular attention to if they’ve previously worked with nonprofits similar to yours or working in a similar vertical.
- Case studies: To get a more in-depth look at how your potential Google Ad Grant operates, check to see if they have created any case studies of successful partnerships. You can use these to evaluate the agency’s effectiveness.
- Free consultations: After you’ve narrowed down your choices to a couple of options, consider requesting a free consultation from these agencies. Having the opportunity to see how different agencies would handle your nonprofit’s specific Google Ad Grant strategy will allow you to better assess if you would be happy partnering with them.
While your Google Ad Grant is just a part of your nonprofit’s overall digital marketing strategy, it can still create significant results for your organization, such as greatly increasing awareness of your cause and helping you to recruit passionate new supporters. Work with a Google Ad Grant agency that understands your nonprofit’s unique needs and that is able to assist you as you need.
5 Top Google Ad Grant Agencies
To help jumpstart your research for a great Google Ad Grant agency to work with, here are five agencies to consider.
1. Getting Attention
Getting Attention is an agency dedicated specifically to Google Ad Grants. It boasts a diverse, global team of seasoned experts with years of experience that will help you set up and maintain your Google Ad Grant account. They will take the time to get to know your mission and your beneficiaries, then apply that information toward creating personalized Google Ad campaigns that help your nonprofit stand out on the search engine results page.
Their services include:
- Google Ad Grant applications: If your nonprofit doesn’t already have a Google Ad Grant account, Getting Attention will guide you through the application process and help you get started with the program.
- Account hygiene: It’s important to have up-to-date data on how your ad campaigns are doing in order to improve them. Getting Attention’s team is dedicated to removing outdated and unnecessary data to make sure your nonprofit doesn’t get bogged down.
- Keyword research: This Google Ad Grant agency is committed to constantly improving your nonprofit’s messaging through thorough keyword research, which will help drive traffic to your website.
Getting Attention offers free consultations to interested nonprofits and has an affordable plan with a monthly fee for their services.
2. Platypus Digital
A digital marketing agency that specifically focuses on nonprofits, Platypus Digital is determined to connect charities to the people they need, such as donors and fundraisers. Based in the UK, they have a focus on cultivating a strong relationship and mutual understanding with their clients and have helped over 180 charities with their digital marketing services.
Some of the services they offer include:
- Google Ad Grants management: As one of Google Ad Grant’s Certified Professional Agencies, Platypus Digital has extensive knowledge and experience to apply to your nonprofit’s Google Ad Grant strategy.
- Google Analytics: Aside from Google Ad Grants, Platypus Digital also performs audits and health checks on your Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager to help you reach your desired results.
- Meta Ads: Social media is a great digital marketing opportunity for nonprofits. Platypus Digital can help you make the most of this opportunity through Meta Ads, increasing visibility through Instagram and Facebook.
To help you gain greater insight into Platypus Digital’s work, the agency provides case studies of its specific offerings. These include their SEO, data review, and conversion rate optimization services.
3. Digital Ninjas
This agency works with organizations large and small to achieve their digital marketing goals. They pride themselves on being flexible partners, offering expert and impartial advice with data-led planning and execution. Some of the features they offer include:
- A/B testing and optimization: By comparing the results of similar keywords, Digital Ninjas will be able to optimize your ad campaigns.
- Web experience improvements: To keep website visitors interested and engaged, this digital marketing agency will help you revamp your existing website or even build you a new one.
- Personalized QR codes: Digital Ninjas uses QR codes to seamlessly connect the offline and digital world, taking direct mail to the next level. With personalized QR codes, you’ll be able to redirect supporters to your donation portal with all available details pre-populated.
Digital Ninjas has previously helped organizations such as Habitat for Humanity and Pink Elephants. They offer flexible pricing and packages and employ dedicated Customer Happiness Ninjas to ensure that you’re getting the most out of your partnership.
4. Luminate Marketing
An agency that specializes in working with mission-driven organizations, particularly in the religious vertical, Luminate Marketing adjusts its services to meet your budget and help bring your mission to light. Their offerings include:
- Vision workshops: If your nonprofit isn’t sure about where to start with digital marketing, these vision workshops are designed to help you hone in on your messages and create a marketing plan that works for you.
- Branding and design: Luminate Marketing can help you develop logos and brand guides and can help you create digital and print designs for your promotional purposes.
- Strategy and messaging: If you need an expert’s opinion, by partnering with Luminate Marketing you’ll have ongoing access to their team of professionals who can work with you to refine your approach and content.
Luminate Marketing’s offerings come at a range of different price points. Aside from their paid services, they also provide a list of free resources for organizations that don’t have the capacity to partner with them at the moment.
5. TrueSense Marketing
TrueSense Marketing is a full-service, strategic, direct-response fundraising agency. With over 50 years of history and over 400 team members, they are dedicated to listening to your donors and helping your nonprofit grow. Their services emphasize:
- Recruiting new donors.
- Retaining existing donors.
- Reactivating lapsed donors.
- Increasing your donors’ gifts.
- Engaging your donors meaningfully.
Their previous clients include food banks, animal care, veterans services, and many other types of nonprofits seeking to get the word out about their cause.
Working with a Google Ad Grant Agency: Next Steps
With this guide, you can make an informed decision about whether working with a Google Ad Grant agency is the best step for your nonprofit, and if it is, which agencies would be best suited for you. Consider how Google Ads will fit into your nonprofit’s overall marketing plan, and partner with an agency that will help you create the impact you desire.
If you’re interested in learning more about Google Ad Grants, take a look at these resources:
- Google Grants Agency: Picking the Best Partner & 12 Firms. If you’re looking for information on more Google Ad Grants agencies, this comprehensive guide can offer you more options.
- The Ultimate Guide to Marketing Grants for Nonprofits. Aside from the Google Ad Grant, there are other grants available for nonprofits looking to further their marketing efforts.
- Google Ad Grants for Nonprofits – Nonprofit Catalog. Check out this guide if you’d like to learn more about Google Ad Grants for nonprofits.