What is a cookie dough fundraiser?
A cookie dough fundraiser is a type of product fundraiser in which an organization sells cookie dough to supporters in exchange for donations. Usually, an organization works with a product fundraising partner, a company that sells products in bulk and provides your organization with a custom web page to sell from. These companies typically offer a variety of cookie dough flavors for your organization to sell.
Cookie dough fundraisers are also versatile and able to fit your organization’s specific needs. Like many product fundraisers, cookie dough fundraisers can be run fully online, in person, or hybrid, which makes it convenient for organizations who want to reach a wide number of supporters.
How to start a cookie dough fundraiser
With so many different fundraising ideas floating around, it might be difficult to pinpoint exactly what you want and where you want to start. Planning out your fundraiser will ensure a profitable and stress-free fundraising experience.
Ready to get started? Follow these steps:
- Choose a product fundraising partner to work with
- Set up an online web store
- Have students or volunteers collect orders from neighbors, friends, and families
- Place your order
- Distribute the cookie dough
Remember, planning out your fundraising strategy does not have to be stressful or difficult. A few simple steps can help your organization kick off its next cookie dough fundraiser on the right path!
Best cookie dough fundraisers
Cookie dough fundraisers are a convenient and delicious way to raise money for a good cause, but they tend to come with many considerations. What format of cookie dough do you sell? What cookie dough program is the best option? What flavors do you offer?
To launch the best cookie dough fundraiser, try these tips to maximize your success:
- Sell gourmet cookie dough. Many product fundraising partners offer a variety of gourmet flavors. Research different options before deciding which product fundraising partner to use, and look for one that offers gourmet flavors.
- Pair your cookie dough fundraiser with an event. For an additional fundraising opportunity, add a bake-a-thon or cookie decorating party to your campaign.
- Offer cookie dough tubs and pre-portioned options. You can ask your supporters ahead of time which option they would prefer, or offer both!
Keep your donors’ preferences in mind when you make decisions about your fundraiser. Don’t be afraid to send out a survey to directly ask what kinds of cookie dough they’d prefer.
- Nonprofit Catalog – Read up on more nonprofit essentials by exploring our Nonprofit Catalog.
- 66+ Easy and Effective Fundraising Ideas – Find an easy and effective fundraiser to raise money for your cause.
- 40+ Church Fundraising Ideas Your Congregation Will Love – Get more insights for your church’s next fundraiser.